It’s festival season!! Yaeah! In few days I will attend Colours of Ostrava festival and I couldn’t be more excited! This multi-genre music festival is held every year in Ostrava (Czech Republic) and this year the lineup is just terrific! I’m sure it will be one of the best festival of 2018 for me. Although I’ve been to some festivals before, this will be my first festival alone. People who know me well, know I’m not the most organised person, and I usually forget to bring some useful stuff when I travel. But this time I’ll be alone and my friends cannot cover for me. So I decided to create a list of festival essentials to never forget anything again.
The basic necessities
First, make sure to bring all the basic necessities with you:
- festival tickets
- credit card (I usually try to bring just cash, because the probability to lose my credit card during festivals is quite high)
Festivals are the perfect occasion to create your own unique outfit! Sure thing is that every outfit should include:
- Sunglasses! They are a must to protect your eyes from the sun. Also, you can use them to hide the damage of multiple days of non-stop partying and lack of sleep!
- A hat! Hats are essential for me! I never go out without a hat in my bag. The right hat depends on the location and weather. It can be useful to protect you from the sun or the cold.
- Comfy shoes.
Hygiene – Medical essential
Better be prepared than sorry. Bring with you:
- Wet wipes. Wet wipes are never enough! Carry them with you, you never know when you are going to need one.
- Tissues. One thing is sure. After few hours into the festival, toilet paper will be over. Bring tissues with you.
- Paracetamol. The hangover will kick in at some point, better be prepared.
- Basic toiletries. Toothbrush/toothpaste, hairbrush, soap/shower gel, deodorant. Well, you know what you need.
- Eye mask and earplugs. Useful if you decide you want to rest at some point.
- Sunscreen. I always forget my sunscreen and most of the time I get burn (and it can be really painful). Make sure to pack your sunscreen to avoid bad experiences. Also, cover areas that you don’t expect to get burnt, like the tip of your ears or your toes.
We cannot survive anymore without technology, can we? The essentials to bring with you are:
- Phone. You know why you need a phone, right?
- Portable charger. There is nothing more annoying than having your phone die when you’re in the middle of uploading a photo on Instagram. Portable chargers may save your life.
- Camera. If you want to snap photos and document the weekend in the best way.
Ok, the list of essentials is over. However, I prefer to bring with me also these additional things:
- Snacks. I’m always hungry and I need to be sure I can eat chocolate whenever I want.
- A cool box for the drinks! Cold beer is so much better than the warm one.
- A watch. It’s really useful if my phone dies and I need to know the time to be sure I don’t miss my favourite gigs.